Advantages of biomass briquetting:
Briquettes produced from briquetting of biomass are fairly good substitute for coal, lignite, Firewood and offer numerous advantages
- This is one of the alternative methods to save consumption and dependency on fossil fuels.
- Its size and quality is uniform.
- Densities fuels are easy to handle and transport
- This process also helps to solve the problem of residual disposal.
- There is no sulphur in briquettes.
- There is no fly ash in briquettes.
- The process assists the reduction of fuel wood and deforestation.
- This process helps to get additional income to farmers and also cretes job opportunities.
- Briquettes are cheaper than coal, oil, lignite etc.
- Briquettes have a consistent quality, have high burning efficiency, and are ideally sized for complete combustion.
- Compacting biomass waste into briquettes reduces the volume by 10 times, making it much easier to store and transport than loose biomass waste
- The compression process allows the briquettes to burn for a lot longer than if it was loose in its original condition.